"My name is Hunter Silvestri. In previous years, I have had a great deal to say about myself. These days, I'm somewhat poorly put together and more difficult to summarize, but I'm still pretty nice." -Hunter Silvestri, 2014
In the past, I've had difficulty summarizing myself, but did my best to be pretty nice. These days, I feel like all I do is summarize myself. Every day, I meet new people at this new college I go to in this new part of the world. Every time I introduce myself, I create myself anew. It's high pressure.
I mostly am just a guy who likes to do cool stuff well on the first try, and who likes to eat cookie dough much more than cookies, and who spends a lot of time daydreaming like it's going to change something, and who wishes he could have a tender moment with every passing individual. On some days I feel like Ferris Bueller, and on others I feel like Charles Foster Kane. Every day, I feel like those characters are capital-G-Great. Every day, I wish I could be lowercase-g-good.
I'm always happy, but I cheated a few worldview definitions to get that way.
Lifetime Achievement: Total NaNo Word Count
- In the shadows of my own lofty expectations. Also, Tufts University.
- Good conversation, thumbs ups.
- Favorite noveling music:
- Ambient electronica. Re: Helios. Fjordne.
- Real Genuine College Kid
- Favorite books or authors:
- Harry Potter, The Mysterious Benedict Society, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the 13and 1/2 Lives of Captin Bluebear, Ready Player One, Agatha Christie, Stephen King, John Green, Jonah Namzoff, Joseph Fink and Jeffery Cranor, Dr. Seuss