A native New Yorker transplanted to Los Angeles mid-way through Junior High (not recommended), I'm now happy to call San Francisco my home. Careers have included behavioral researcher, learning specialist, radio news announcer, award-winning copywriter, sound engineer, network TV executive assistant, book editor, and instructional designer. I have one grown daughter, to whom I dedicate all my creative work.
- San Francisco
- Dancing, reading, singing, performing in musical theatre, visual arts, theatre, movies, nature, animals, walking in fresh air & sunshine.
- Favorite noveling music:
- For writing--Depends on what I'm writing, but in general: mellow, unobtrusive instrumental at low volume, if anything; jazz standards sometimes OK. Silence preferred.
- Instructional designer/Learning consultant
- Favorite books or authors:
- Catcher in the Rye; Seize the Day; Lolita; My Life and Hard Times; The Secret Garden; The Diving Bell and the Butterfly; The Bridge on San Luis Rey; A Girl’s Guide to Hunting and Fishing; Cat’s Cradle; Turn of the Screw; Half Magic; Visit to a Small Planet; Interview With a Vampire; Heartburn; Cannery Row; Siddhartha; Pride and Prejudice; The Time Machine; A Tree Grows in Brooklyn; Shogun; The Godfather; Helter Skelter; All the President’s Men; Hawaii; Atonement; Watership Down; My Stroke of Insight; Portnoy's Complaint; , J. D. Salinger, Alice Munroe, Grace Paley, Charles Dickens, Vladimir Nobakov, Jane Austen, Anton Chekov, Isaac Bashevis Singer, Richard Bausch, Alice Walker, Kurt Vonnegut, Jr., Thornton Wilder, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Saul Bellow, Noel Coward, Henry James, Somerset Maugham, Guy de Maupassant, John Steinbeck, Jamaica Kincaid, Isaac Asimov, George Bernard Shaw, Eugene O’Neil, John Gardner, William Zinsser, David Mamet, Franz Kafka, Chris Baty