Tavia Stewart-Streit graduated in 2003 with a degree in Creative Writing from the University of Southern California. Ever since, she’s been living in the Bay Area, working in the literary and visual-art community. She’s currently the Deputy Director for National Novel Writing Month and the Founder and Executive Director of Invisible City Audio Tours. She has been published in Smokelong Quarterly and We Still Like, and is a co-author of Ready, Set, Novel! A Noveling Journal (Chronicle Books).
Last December, she became the mom of Archer Grayson Stewart-Streit, and she couldn't be more excited about this new adventure!
Lifetime Achievement: Total NaNo Word Count
- Yoga, my cat, eating good food, writing short fiction and poetry, "maxing and relaxing," and daydreaming about intergalactic space travel
- Favorite noveling music:
- Explosions in the Sky, Mogwai, Ratatat, and my Ratatat Pandora station
- DEputy Director, National Novel Writing Month
- Favorite books or authors:
- On a Winter's Night a Traveler, Infinite Jest, Life of Pi, Middlesex, Broom of the System, People of Paper, Italo Calvino, Donald Barthelme, David Foster Wallace, Robert Coover . . .