2013 Night of Writing Dangerously Write-a-thon Fundraiser
We’ve reached our capacity for the 2013 Night of Writing Dangerously! A big thank you to everyone who fundraised this year! If you weren’t able to RSVP, we’ll be sending you the corresponding donor goodies from our store.
Welcome to the 2013 Night of Writing Dangerously!
Behind on your word count? Want a great excuse to come out to San Francisco? Need a mid-November extravaganza of food, drink, and lots and lots of noveling?
We’ve got an event for you: the seventh annual Night of Writing Dangerously Write-a-thon!
What: Six hours of writing, accompanied by dinner and drinks in a ballroom overlooking the twinkling lights of downtown San Francisco. If you want to see just how classy this event really is, you can check out photos from the 2012 event on our Facebook page.
When: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 4:00 to 11:00 p.m. Cocktail hour will be held in the bar from 4:00 to 5:00. The writing will begin when the ballroom opens at 5:00.
Where: The Julia Morgan Ballroom, Merchants Exchange Building, 15th Floor, San Francisco, California.
Theme: Noir. Costumes are not required, but they are encouraged!
How to Attend
2. Raise $250 by November 13. Time to phone Grandma and call in some favors at the office.
3. As soon as you’ve raised at least $250, fill out this RSVP form! If you raise $350 or more, you can bring a guest! Just RSVP with a “plus one” on your form. Keep in mind that the ballroom we’ve rented can only seat 250 folks, so we have to limit attendance to the first 250 people who RSVP.
Because we want to write with you! And feed you! And because proceeds from the evening make our programs possible, including the classroom-based Young Writers Program, which supports project-based learning and writing literacy. Last year, 230 dangerous writers raised over $62,000—money we’ve used for a myriad of awesome improvements to our events. Come show your support this year by helping us reach our $60,000 fundraising goal! The more money you raise, the more tickets you’ll get for our prize raffle. Plus, the top fundraisers will walk home with one of our grand prizes.
This year’s Grand Prizes include:
- An iPad Air courtesy of Storyist.
- A Kindle Paperwhite from CreateSpace.
- A deliriously beautiful leather satchel filled with writing accouterments hand selected by our friends at Castle in the Air.
- A Kindle Paperwhite provided by Scribophile.
- A Kobo Aura eReader purchased by Kobo from Green Apple Books in San Francisco.
- A thematically on-point iPod Nano courtesy of TechHive.
What 2013 attendees will get (in addition to an enchanted evening of noveling):
- A tote bag inspired by our sleek and dangerous 2013 poster design, filled with books and other treats from our sponsors.
- Coffee from Green Mountain Coffee Roasters!
- A life-altering amount of encouragement, inspiration, and writerly mojo courtesy of NaNoWriMo staff.
- Free drinks from our open bar including beer, wine, and specialty cocktails like the Noveltini and Cosmonovelton.
- A multitude of snacks, including 10:00 p.m. milk and cookies baked by our office neighbors, Sweet Adeline.
- A chance to get your author photo taken by professional photographer, Miki Vargas.
- Free writing posters by Chris Baty Studios.
- And much more!
And everyone will have a chance to take home a basket of awesome prizes. You automatically get five raffle tickets upon entering, and will receive an additional ticket for every $50 raised above your initial $200 or $250. And yes, you are welcome to share your raffle tickets with your guest, if you end up bringing one.
This year, the baskets will include these awesome prizes:
- A 6- or 10-week writing class from Gotham Writers’ Workshop!
- Family pack of tickets to the deYoung or Legion of Honor, the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco.
- Two tickets to any show in the 2013-2014 season at Shotgun Players Theater.
- A City Lights Bookstore tote bag and an amazing variety of books.
- A gift certificate to Harbin Hot Springs that can be used toward camping or day visits.
- A voucher and lodging coupon for a day visit for two at Vichy Hot Springs.
- Gift cards to Half Price Books.
- Family four-pack and parking pass to the Oakland Zoo.
- DIY Pro 6-Month Subscriptions to BookBuzzr.
- Two family passes to the Bay Area Discovery Museum.
- A fabulous gift basket from Whimsic Alley.
- A gift certificate from Sock Dreams.
- Two tickets for the San Francisco Playhouse.
- Copies of The Steampunk Bible and Wonderbook.
- Tickets to the Exploratorium.
- A gift certificate from Amoeba Music.
- Bags of delicious coffee from Green Mountain Coffee Roasters.
- Two free tickets to the San Francisco Opera.
- A t-shirt, mug, and two signed books from 826 National.
- Gift certificates to Powell’s Sweet Shoppe.
- Fun magnets from Magnetic Poetry.
- A gift certificate to Bette’s Oceanview Diner.
- Free passes to Sky High Sports trampoline park.
- A year of free admission to Quiet Lightning poetry readings.
- A free copy of Sparkle + Blink literary magazine.
- Sets of The Storymatic family game.
More questions? Find answers to Write-a-thon FAQs here.
2013 Write-a-thon Sponsors
If you would like to become a corporate sponsor of the 2013 Night of Writing Dangerously, please contact us!
|Castle in the Air|
|Chris Baty Studios|
|Green Mountain Coffee|
|Bette’s Oceanview Diner|
|Magnetic Poetry||Sky High Sports|
|Quiet Lightning||The Storymatic|