What are Municipal Liaisons?
Municipal Liaisons (MLs) are volunteers who add a vibrant, real-world aspect to NaNoWriMo festivities all over the world.
They host regular writing events in November—and some MLs host write-ins, parties, and workshops all year long. They also oversee their regional forums and act as official NaNo representatives.
National Novel Writing Month at LASC Kick-Off meeting was a success! Turn out was great! Thank you to all who came through and started on their novels! We’re now relocating to a larger space on campus! Join us for today’s Write-In at 5pm in the Writing Center, Room 116. Bring your writing materials, computers and tablets! Snacks and refreshments will be provided. For more information find us at: Facebook.com/LASCWrimos #NaNoWriMo #NaNoWriMo2015 #novels #LosAngeles #LASCCampus #igwriters #WriteIn #authors #community #writercommunity #picoftheday
Want to become a Municipal Liaison?
Think you have what it takes to plan and host writing events in your local region, and rah-rah participants to the finish line? Do you just happen to own an excessive number of power strips ideal for that one cafe that somehow has only one electrical outlet? ML-ing may be for you!
The bare necessities:
- You are over 18 years of age.
- You have done (and won!) NaNoWriMo at least once.
The details of what you’ll be expected to do:
- Commit to the entirety of NaNoWriMo.
- Plan, host, and spread the word about local writing events.
- Answer every email or NaNoMail from local participants.
- Be present in your regional forum.
- Engage in fundraising.
- Try your very hardest to reach 50,000 words.
- Read emails and messages from HQ.