The Night of Writing Dangerously Write-a-thon
Welcome to the 2018 Night of Writing Dangerously!
Behind on your word count? Want a great excuse to come out to San Francisco? Need a mid-November extravaganza of food, drink, and lots and lots of noveling?
We’ve got an event for you: the 12th annual Night of Writing Dangerously Write-a-thon!
What: Seven hours of writing, accompanied by dinner and drinks in a ballroom overlooking the twinkling lights of downtown San Francisco. If you want to see just how classy this event really is, you can check out photos on our Facebook page.
When: Sunday, November 18, 2018, 4:00 to 11:00 PM. Cocktail hour will be held in the bar from 4:00 to 5:00. The writing will begin when the ballroom opens at 5:00!
Where: The Julia Morgan Ballroom, Merchants Exchange Building, 15th Floor, San Francisco, California.
Theme: Noir. Costumes are not required, but they are encouraged!
How to Attend
This year, there are more ways than ever to attend the Write-a-thon. To attend, you can:
- Purchase a ticket directly in our store! (There’s even a special discount if you want to buy a table for eight!)
- Fundraise at least $375 through our Night of Writing Dangerously campaign.
- As soon as you’ve raised (or donated!) at least $375, fill out this RSVP form! If you raise or donate $650 or more, you can bring a guest: just RSVP with a “plus one” on your form.
- Not ready to purchase a ticket or start fundraising? Sign up for our Night of Writing Dangerously newsletter to get regular updates!
Keep in mind that the ballroom we’ve rented can only seat 225 folks, so we have to limit attendance to the first 225 people who RSVP.
Because we want to write with you and celebrate the incredible power of creativity! Plus, proceeds from the evening make our programs possible, including the classroom-based Young Writers Program.
For the last several years, attendees have raised funds to improve our creative writing programs for children, teens, and adults alike. Come show your support this year by helping us reach our $80,000 fundraising goal!
Silent Auction Items
Everyone will have a chance to bid on a wide variety of awesome items.
In 2017, the prizes included:
- An awesome variety of goodies from Out of Print Clothing.
- Illustrated writing prompt sets from Writing Maps.
- Amazing poetry kits from Magnetic Poetry.
- Family Fun Pack tickets to the attractions at Pier 39.
- Four general admission tickets to the Walt Disney Family Museum.
- The latest games from Games by Playdate.
- Two tickets to any show in the 2017-2018 season at the California Shakespeare Theater.
- And more!
Night of Writing Dangerously Swag
We’ve got all kind of treats for our 2018 dangerous writers! Attendees will receive:
- A tote bag inspired by our sleek and dangerous 2018 poster designed by Andy Gregg, filled with books and other treats from our sponsors.
- Coffee from Atlas Coffee!
- A life-altering amount of encouragement, inspiration, and writerly mojo.
- Dinner, and a multitude of snacks, including a fully stocked candy buffet!
- Free drinks from our open bar including beer, wine, specialty cocktails, and soft drinks.
- A chance to get your author photo taken by a professional photographer.
- And much more!