USA :: Virginia :: Winchester
10 months agoOur TGIO Party to celebrate the end of NaNo and all the amazing writing we did this month is planned for 3:30 to 5 p.m. Dec. 2 at the Espresso Bar and Cafe in downtown Winchester. Click on the Google Calendar below for more details, and hope to see you there!
10 months agoI hope all your novels are coming along splendidly! We will not have a write-in on Saturday, Nov. 18, but I hope to see you at one of our other upcoming write-ins! We're also planning our TGIO party with dessert, coffee, and tea for late afternoon on Dec. 2. Details to come! Check back here for updates!
11 months agoHope you can join us for our Nov. 1 Kick-off Day events!
* Midnight Online Kickoff at our Facebook page. Night owl? Then join us in the witching hour to pound out a few hundred words before the sun even wakes up!
* Kick-off Day Party Page here on our Region page. Check in as you have time and tell us how your novel is coming along!
* In-Person Write-in, noon to 3 p.m. at the Daily Grind at Abrams Crossing, 621 W. Jubal Early Drive, Winchester
11 months agoWelcome to NaNoWriMo 2017!
Here at our forum page you'll find advice for new WriMos, info on upcoming writing events, and answers to probably any NaNo-related question you can think of! So take a look around and let us know what we can do to make this the best novel-writing month yet!
almost 2 years agoWelcome to the New NaNo Year, everyone!
Whether this is your first NaNoWriMo or your fifth -- or your fifteenth! -- congrats on making the commitment to take your leap into one unforgettable month of writing madness.
There's no right or wrong way to win at NaNo -- other than achieving 50K words in 30 days, which is roughly 1,667 words a day. But just ask us repeat offenders and we'll tell you it's more than possible to cram in half a book in the final three days. So just have fun with it!
Basic things to know:
* Do all the pre-planning you like (outlining, characterization, choosing your writing music, etc.) but don't start writing until midnight on Nov. 1.
* You have until 11:59:59 on Nov. 30 to submit your final word count -- make sure you're signed up for the right time zone.
* Check out Google calendar of events (right below this post) for in-person write-ins taking place all November long.
* Ask all the questions you like in our forum threads, or by emailing your buddies! But please always be respectful to others.
* Have fun!
almost 6 years ago
Meet your MLs
Welcome to WINCHESTER NATION where we are WILD & WILLING! Willing to write the heck out of a novel that is! It’s where words have wings & our characters have a lot to say. Join us in November when we throw caution to the wind & write a novel in 30 days!
8 novelists • 0 words written • 0 average wordcount • $10.00 donated