USA :: Virginia :: Winchester
4 months agoOur TGIO Party to celebrate the end of NaNo and all the amazing writing we did this month is planned for 3:30 to 5 p.m. Dec. 2 at the Espresso Bar and Cafe in downtown Winchester. Click on the Google Calendar below for more details, and hope to see you there!
4 months agoI hope all your novels are coming along splendidly! We will not have a write-in on Saturday, Nov. 18, but I hope to see you at one of our other upcoming write-ins! We're also planning our TGIO party with dessert, coffee, and tea for late afternoon on Dec. 2. Details to come! Check back here for updates!
5 months agoHope you can join us for our Nov. 1 Kick-off Day events!
* Midnight Online Kickoff at our Facebook page. Night owl? Then join us in the witching hour to pound out a few hundred words before the sun even wakes up!
* Kick-off Day Party Page here on our Region page. Check in as you have time and tell us how your novel is coming along!
* In-Person Write-in, noon to 3 p.m. at the Daily Grind at Abrams Crossing, 621 W. Jubal Early Drive, Winchester
5 months agoWelcome to NaNoWriMo 2017!
Here at our forum page you'll find advice for new WriMos, info on upcoming writing events, and answers to probably any NaNo-related question you can think of! So take a look around and let us know what we can do to make this the best novel-writing month yet!
over 1 year agoWelcome to the New NaNo Year, everyone!
Whether this is your first NaNoWriMo or your fifth -- or your fifteenth! -- congrats on making the commitment to take your leap into one unforgettable month of writing madness.
There's no right or wrong way to win at NaNo -- other than achieving 50K words in 30 days, which is roughly 1,667 words a day. But just ask us repeat offenders and we'll tell you it's more than possible to cram in half a book in the final three days. So just have fun with it!
Basic things to know:
* Do all the pre-planning you like (outlining, characterization, choosing your writing music, etc.) but don't start writing until midnight on Nov. 1.
* You have until 11:59:59 on Nov. 30 to submit your final word count -- make sure you're signed up for the right time zone.
* Check out Google calendar of events (right below this post) for in-person write-ins taking place all November long.
* Ask all the questions you like in our forum threads, or by emailing your buddies! But please always be respectful to others.
* Have fun!
over 5 years ago
Meet your MLs
Welcome to WINCHESTER NATION where we are WILD & WILLING! Willing to write the heck out of a novel that is! It’s where words have wings & our characters have a lot to say. Join us in November when we throw caution to the wind & write a novel in 30 days!
99 novelists • 2,114,292 words written • 21,356 average wordcount • $0.00 donated
last comment: 4 months ago
by Andrea Brown Riley
last comment: 4 months ago